About The Company
SeDeK, established in 1995, is now a group of companies that are involved in marketing and production of seeds and planting material for hobby and professional market. During long years of its work SEDEK has made a huge input in development of horticultural business in Russia.
Now SEDEK is:
- Hundreds of partners and dealers;
- More than 300 employees in different cities of Russia;
- Three regional offices: in Krasnodar Territory, Rostov Region and in Siberia, Omsk city;
- A chain shops with brand-name "Urozhaynaya gryadka" (Yielding vegetable patch) and a Nursery-garden in Moscow region;
- More than 1,400 hectares of production land;
- The accredited test-laboratory that evaluates seeds quality;
- Dozens of awards for its achievements and high-quality production;
- Thousands of satisfied customers, number of whom increases year by year.
- Seeds collection for home gardeners comprises more than 3000 OP varieties and hybrids of vegetable / flower / berry crops. Besides seeds SeDeK offers wide range of flower bulbs, young plants, ornamental trees, etc.
- Seeds assortment for professional market includes hybrids of vegetable crops that have undergone trials on fields in different regions and zones.
- Potato tubers for planting that were cultivated in Russia and abroad. Potato collection makes a good showing in variety and seed qualities.
How can the company guarantee the high production quality?
SeDeK has got well-equipped facilities for seed cultivation and production. Such facilities comprise: agricultural technique, equipment, testing laboratory, greenhouse complex, own farmlands and etc.
Testing laboratory with its highly qualified experts carries out the evaluation of seed quality during entrance, storage and sales. Experts check energy and germinative capacity of more than 10 000 samples each year. For all seed batches the company provides Certificates and Approvals.
SeDeK is an active participant of regional, Russian and international exhibitions and forums, a member of Russian Seed Association, APSA (the Asian Pacific Seed Association) and ISF (the International Seed Federation).
At the present time SeDeK successfully cooperates with leading domestic and CIS Countries breeders, seed breeding stations and R&D companies in Holland, Germany, Italy, France, USA and China. In 2003, SeDeK was enclosed into Russia-Chinese Program of Scientific and Technological Cooperation.
Potato seed production
The high quality potato is one of most important and successful trends of SeDeK development, which is supervised by company experts and invited consultants from leading Russian Scientific Research Institutes of Potato Production.
More than 200 potato varieties cultivated in Russia and abroad, are being tested on company experimental fields. Only best varieties are then used for large-scale production.
While realizing the importance of healthy planting material to obtain high crops, SeDeK is dealing with the production of an improved potato. Scientists from the A.G. Lorh All-Russian Scientific & Research Institute of Potato Farming together with SeDeK experts have developed and implemented an innovated seed potato production pattern, based on an improved virus-free basis. This method provides following seedage stages for 5 years: tissue culture material – nuclear stock (mini-tubers) – first field reproduction – super-superelite – superelite – elite potato material. This is the guarantee to obtain high quality seed potato, providing annually high marketable yields.
SeDeK seed potato means:
- High quality of planting material;
- High yielding (cropping power, merchantability);
- Resistance to unfavorable environment;
- Resistance to main diseases and pests;
- Versatility (good for different kinds of processing);
- Excellent attractiveness for the consumer.